1. Doing inter branch reconciliations on weekly basis.
2. Doing bank reconciliation on weekly basis and identifying any unusual transaction and preparing them for review by the GM.
3. Coordinate the work flow of store accountants for the verification of supplier accounts statements on monthly basis and report variances to the accounts payable officer for corrective action.
4. Verifying the monthly payroll cost against the approved costs and identifying the variance to take corrective actions.
5. Conversion of import bills into the local currency by using appropriate rates and apportioning the cost on appropriate basis among the cost centers.
6. Using the technique of vouching and tracing for completion of the verification of source documents.
7. Travel to stores on random basis for surprise physical verification of cash and cash equivalents, documentation of vouchers and other subsidiary financial records.
8. Assist in verifying the daily cash inflows and outflows to ensure no leakage of revenue exists in the system.
9. Assist in forecasting the cash flows, CAPEX and also preparing revised estimate of cash flows and CAPEX in case of contingency in consultation with GM and Budgeting Manager.
10. Assisting GM in preparation of monthly reports.
11. Assisting GM in preparation of annual and half yearly financial statements.
12. Evaluate and make recommendations on the automated systems and processes within the department, working with the GM to modernize and improve the finance functions.
13. Deputize the GM and APO as required.
14. Support the finance dept where necessary in the event of sickness, holiday cover or other exceptional circumstances.